Toefl is a form of the English language test designed to measure a person's mastery of the English language, especially those who use English as a foreign language (foreign language).
Based on the medium used, Toefl now has three types, namely Paper-Based TOEFL (PBT), Computer-Based TOEFL, and Internet-Based TOEFL (IBT) :
1. Paper-Based TOEFL (PBT) is a type of test is the oldest and most widely used because they still use paper media (paper based). Answer sheets that are used are also using paper answer sheet.
2. Computer-Based TOEFL (CBT) is a type of computer-based tests used since 1998. This test type has been using computer technology. The format used is different because everyone uses a computer and no more paper used in this test.
3. Internet-Based TOEFL (IBT) is a recent TOEFL test types that were adopted since 2005. This species is widely used with the advances in internet technology.
In order to obtain a high score, make sure you make preparations and habits that support to take the TOEFL test, which is a common strategy to follow the TOEFL test is:
1. Follow the TOEFL preparation courses = courses and learned books TOEFL preparation (TOEFL Preparation).
2. Practice as often as possible with materials TOEFL preparation, both for the Listening Comprehension, Structure and Written Expression, or Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension. Work on the problems that exist and analyze your weaknesses to work on the problems.
3. Practise specifically for Listening Comprehension section via CD or exercise tapes. You also need to watch a lot of TV shows or movies that use English.
4. Study analyzes on questions compiled by the authors of TOEFL test preparation.
5. To the Structure, learn not only the rules of grammar but also the mistakes that appear most frequently (Common Mistakes) because many problems arise from the use of English common mistakes.
6. Enrich your knowledge of vocabulary and expressions (Idiom) because this term is widely used in Vocabulary or Listening Comprehension Reading Comprehension.
Verb is a word or phrase that reveals the presence, actions, and experiences. There are two kinds of verbs in the English language, which is the main verb (main verb) and helpers (auxiliary verb). At various grammar book called auxiliary verb (auxiliary verb) for use with the main verb (main verb).
1. He wanted to speak with Mr Brown
2. In my opinion, it is too soon to make a decision
3. She is considering not going
4. We wouldn’t mind waiting
5. They did it very well after they had practiced
Sumber : Buku Cerdas TOEFL
2012 KARISMA Publishing Group
Drs. R. Suyoto Bakir